Spring is in the air and what better way to welcome the sun and say goodbye to the slush than to clean and freshen your home! Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation Loan Office, Suzanne Clark NMLS# 1717157, recommends "starting the day by watching a few episodes of 'Tidying Up' with Marie Kondo on Netflix, because everyone needs a little inspiration." Inspired by the upcoming Spring Season, Suzanne has gathered some tips and tricks to help you tidy up.
1. Use lemons to sanitize your garbage disposal: simply pour vinegar into an ice cube tray and add a chunk of fresh lemon in each square, freeze and drop run a few cubes through the disposal. Save the extra cubes in a freezer bag to use anytime.
2. The best way to get rid of mineral buildup on a shower head is to fill a Ziploc bag with vinegar and use a rubber band to attach it to the shower head. Let it soak for one hour and wipe clean.
3. Use a spray bottle to mix a few ounces of water, several drops of lemon essential oil, spray the interior of your microwave and place a clean, wet sponge in the microwave. Turn on for two minutes, once the sponge cools, simply use it to wipe the exterior and interior of the microwave clean. Gunk will easily wipe off thanks to the steam that was created.
4. Clean the blades of a ceiling fan by covering them with a coat of furniture polish. Wipe off the excess and lightly buff.
5. Clean your washing machine – run the machine with hot water. Add distilled white vinegar and baking soda, letting that sit for an hour.
6. Get rid of clothes and accessories that you don’t wear anymore. If they are gently used, sell them to make a few extra bucks or donate them to a local thrift shop.
7. Throw open your windows and air your home out while you clean.
8. Clean the windows you can reach yourself, inside and out! Soap them down with warm water and soap and use water to rinse. Follow up with a window cleaner and soft rag.
9. Looking to get rid of pet odors? Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to your vacuum cleaner bag to eliminate lingering pet odors.
When you're done, share your before and after photos with us! Tag us on Twitter & Instagram at @VATheFairway. We want to celebrate your clean home with you.